Posted on Mon 22 October 2018 in new release
- 8x speedup of the rating engine and of the call report in the Web UI.
- Better DB schema, supporting more efficiently deletion and recalculation of CDRS, and ported telephone numbers.
- More details on the Web UI call report.
- Better off-line and on-line documentation: switched to DITA with short and linked topics.
- Various simplifications and bug-fixes on the bundle-rates and services generation.
- Installation on an host/virtual-machine, instead of Docker container.
- The management tool contains now all tools for developing and testing Asterisell, and it is installed inside a local Docker container.
- Advise if a CDR provider has changed already billed CDRS.
- Bundle rates and services can start also at a specific time of the day, and not only at midnight.
- Added NOTE field to Party.
- More informative Web UI in case of reports to regenerate again.
- Passwords to CDRS sources are stored in a distinct
passwords.inifile, not saved in the Git repo.
- DB connection params are saved on a private file, and not exposed in log/error messages.
- Safer/transaction-like deleting of already imported files.
- More unit tests.
- Improved the selection of rates in the Web UI.
- The installation utility generates directly NGINX configuration files, Letsencrypt SSL certificates, and firewall rules.
- Switched from MariaDB to Percona MySQL Server with TokuDB engine.
- Backup of data on distinct CSV files is disabled, and it must be explicitely enabled. This because in case of big data there is a lot of duplicated info.
- Reduced the space occupied by internal backup of changes in organization info, and job logs: better policies, and remove of bugs saving too much data.
- Simplified the presentation of commands of the Asterisell management utility.
- Simplified the presentation of commands of the internal
php asterisell.phpmanagement utility.
- Better support for holidays and peak/off-peak time-frames.
- Support of (national) telephone operator codes, and not only of telephone prefixes.
The code pass many regression tests, and it is used in some testing and semi-production environments, but I consider it in DEV state, because there are many possible usage scenario, and it requires some more real-world usage. So feel free to install and signal issues.
In this release there are many changes, and the upgrade is not automatic, because:
- the application is now installed directly on an host/virtual-machine, and not anymore on a Docker container
- the management tool runs inside a Docker container, and not on a host/virtual-machine
- the database schema is from a logical point of view the same, but it improved a lot
I will soon release new versions with helper scripts and notes, for upgrading older instances.